1. Setup proxy for yum(skip this if you don't use proxy). View it here.
2. Setup free and nonfree repositories. (at this time of post, u need Fedora RPM Fusion free and nonfree for Fedora Rawhide ). View how you can setup RPM Fusion repositories here.
3. Install Flash, mp3 and other codecs, skype, java and a lot others, install Fedora Plus(before this it was called autoten). Installing just takes one line command, view it here.
before Fedora 15, I was using easyLife but they haven't done a version that supports Fedora 15 yet, so i am using Fedora Plus. But they are basically the same this, make installing software easier.
Update: easyLife is supporting Fedora 15 now!
4. Claim your desktop icons back! install gnome-tweak-tool by copying the command below
su -c 'yum -y install gnome-tweak-tool'
and open the gnome-tweak-tool, the File Manager tab, set the file manager handle the desktop to on. Reboot!
5. Install Google Chrome! Look here
More Update: to use google chrome with proxy, view here
I am more than pleased if you can comment or add anymore below. Thanks in advance.